Tongue and groove fibre cement flooring for tiled balconies and decks. Up to 30% faster to install. Identified by a light blue edge colour, the 19mm thick Secura Exterior flooring suits 450mm joist centres.
- Gun nail with corrosion resistant D Head or 2.8 x 50mm fibre cement nails
- Tongue and groove joints on long edges don’t need trimmer support
- Mesh reinforcement on underside for strength and impact resistance
- Sealed on all sides for additional moisture resistance
- Up to 30% faster to install than compressed fibre cement (CFC)
For enduring construction, fibre cement is preferred to particle board and plywood for exterior subfloors and suspended floors. But installing compressed fibre cement can be back-breaking. Moving sheets that can weigh over a hundred kilos is hazardous. Then pre-drilling and screw-fixing them is time-consuming. Adding trimmers so every edge is supported creates extra work.
Thankfully, Secura exterior sheets weigh less than 45 kilos and installing them is easier and up to 40% faster compared with compressed fibre cement.